Our UK General Insurance business are now looking for two Trading Underwriters to join our underwriting team. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in the largest Insurance company in the UK.
Within this role you will be aligned to a portfolio of brokers/customers to proactively develop and profitably grow their commercial book of business. To partner with brokers and customers to truly understand their wants and needs, using data insight to ensure we provide whole customer solutions which support these.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- To build strong working relationships with colleagues in SME teams, Sales, ARMs, Speciality Lines, Claims, Collections
- To be a multiclass underwriter who operates within agreed guidelines and authority levels to profitably grow the book of business
- To be a great communicator who regularly has meaningful meetings with brokers and/or customers to build their confidence in us and to make Aviva their insurer of choice
- To deal end to end with brokers/customers book of business
- To be curious to grow understanding of the commercial business
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Property and Liability Underwriting experience
- You will have the drive and ability to think fast on your feet
- Strong trading authority
- You will be someone who is solutions focused
- Good knowledge of the FCA and other relevant regulation and legislation
- Strong education background, building commercial underwriting experience
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.firstname.lastname@example.org .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.