Commercial Digital Proposition Lead
Aviva's Commercial Propositions team are looking for a Digital Proposition Lead to join us. This influential role will be responsible for driving our innovation of new propositions and services for Digital business customers. Aviva's Commercial Digital vertical has an ambition to grow by 20% over the next plan period as well as growing its Digital capabilities by 30%. This role will support the vertical in developing, delivering and articulating the proposition for Digital customers and work hand-in-hand with the Digital teams and senior leaders to launch new, best-in-class propositions for business growth and our long-term business strategy to meet customers' evolving needs.
This position will have a large reliance on effective stakeholder management and resource cooperation across Commercial Lines (CL). It does not have a team directly reporting into it, rather it will need to mobilise, empower and maintain consensus from other areas of CL to make things happen, including:
- Marketing - customer access & ability to execute customer messages, communications and offerings
- Market Insight - forward looking and 'finger on the pulse' of technology & our competitor activity
- Data & Analytics - existing and new data sources to provide insight and fuel for business cases
- Finance - creative, insightful provocation and discipline for projects with long-term business cases
- Product & Underwriting - support on terms, conditions and wordings to back ideation, beta trials and tests
- Risk - the appropriate challenge, advice and support across conduct, insurance and franchise risks
Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable with weekly travel to our Aviva offices.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
- Leading our new Digital CL proposition development end-to-end - identifying the opportunities, establishing research needs, undertaking test and learns, building the business cases (including gaining funding approval) with cross functional teams
- Contributing to a strong market story across CL Product for innovation & customer focused digital proposition development
- Scouting for new technologies and ventures inside and outside the Aviva group
- Actively motivating change, developing and leading our partnership strategy to identify, originate and execute (customer focused) business development opportunities
- Understanding the competitive landscape - where Aviva's proposition sits, how to build, how to stand out - while looking at a whole range of service and product propositions
- Ensuring all product and proposition activity operate within Aviva's regulatory standards and appetite
Skills & experiences required:
- Excellent track record of building and delivering Digital products/processes
- Demonstrable ability to operate, influence and persuade at senior levels - excellent verbal and written communication skills within an effective, virtual team
- Commerciality experience in the digital world - the ability to join the dots and summarise into a coherent strategy/narrative
- Detailed understanding of programme delivery and change management
- Knowledge of financial, socio-economic issues and legal environment relevant to insurance
- Experience of working with usage-based/parametric insurance propositions, and InsurTech start-ups is very desirable
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.