Aviva UK are looking for a highly driven Analyst to join the Equity Release Commercial team. Within our team, the role-holder will focus on projects supporting core business priorities - from developing our understanding of the residential property market to investigating the profitability of new business projects or supporting the completion of funding deals. The scope will be multifaceted, interesting and provide diverse opportunities for personal development.
This is a newly formed multi-disciplinary team spanning Commercial Actuarial, Business Analytics, a Senior Property Economist and External Funding. The team uses both Aviva's local skill base and external expertise to deliver high value projects to grow and improve the business. This team focuses on driving business expansion and improving business insights in a fast-growing industry where Aviva plans to build on its top three position and lead the market.
The role's duties & responsibilities
This position will support two or three key accountabilities at any given time, which will change depending on business priorities and development needs. These will be set by Team Leads in consultation with you, supporting the Commercial Team's Business Insight and Business Growth priorities with tasks like:
- Identify, analyse, and forecast key economic and housing market trends in the UK
- Analyse competitor results, business models and strategies and profitability of our product lines
- Produce analysis to support business change prioritisation, benefits case development and investigating new business ideas
- Support development, delivery and scoping of new external fund transactions
Skills & experiences required
We are searching for highly motivated commercial analyst who is comfortable balancing competing priorities and willing to tackle and learn from new challenges. Although any of the specific skills and experience listed below will be an asset, individuals who can demonstrate strong aptitude and willingness to learn are encouraged to apply.
- Highly numerate and analytical with proven ability to interpret data & develop solutions to sophisticated problems
- Capacity to work positively under time pressure and to manage a varied workload
- Curiosity and motivation to develop capability in economic analysis, commercial opportunity assessment and end-to-end business performance understanding
- Strong proven capability in using, maintaining, and developing financial calculation models within Excel
- A degree in statistics or economics (especially macroeconomics) and/or exposure to theoretical and practical economic problems, with good knowledge of key economic datasets
- Demonstrated familiarity with the calculation and analysis of Business Performance measurements (such as profitability, cost efficiency, Solvency II capital metrics, etc.)
- Knowledge of coding in any format (VBA, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Equity Release or Alternative Investments markets
- Experience working on business change projects
What will you get for this role?
- A salary starting at £24,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.