Group Sustainability Manager
Group Sustainability Manager
An opportunity for a Group Sustainability Manager to join our team here at Aviva has arrived.
This role sits in the Group Sustainability team. Our role is to set the relevant strategy and governance frameworks and enable great execution of these by our business (BUs and Functions).
The role is a 6-month Fixed Term Contract. You will be required to help us develop the detailed sustainability plan needed to deliver the agenda agreed by the ExCo and Board, culminating in a full implementation road map for 2021-22. We're looking for someone with a track record in responsible and sustainable business, climate and or ESG. Though we need more than the theory. This role is about working out how to get bold sustainability ambitions turned into action. We need someone who has experience of complex programme management and strategic transformation to help set us up for success in our execution.
In this role you will:
- Lead on the creation of the Aviva Sustainability Ambition implementation roadmap
- Work as part of the Group CR and Sustainability Team
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of actors and integrating this agenda into existing plans, policies, processes as we disperse capability and accountability in the organisation
- Help to shape and then service new and existing Governance bodies
- Identify the simple clear actions needed to deliver the outcomes and integration into the 2022-24 business planning round
- Focus on core markets and Group Centre
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Degree or above in Sustainability, Responsible Business, Human Rights, Risk or Corporate Governance or similar (e.g. Law) preferred but not essential
- A broad understanding of responsible and sustainable business., specifically but not exclusively regarding including Climate Change/Net Zero
- Risk management and governance skills and/or experience with an understanding of corporate governance and risk frameworks and procedures
- Skilled and experienced programme manager - working with complex cross functional / multi market programmes ideally with a combination of short and long-term goals/KPIs
- Change/transformation skills and experience to navigate the opportunities and barriers for successful implementation
- Understanding of Financial Services and Aviva's own corporate strategy and our different business lines across our core markets (FS experience desirable but not essential)
- Comfortable engaging right across the business, including at ExCo level
What will you get for this role?
- A salary between £55,000-£60,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.firstname.lastname@example.org .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.