Business Support Consultant
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Aviva for a Business Support Consultant to join our thriving Lifetime Mortgage Sales Team. The ideal candidate should be able to work either independently or as part of a team, should have planning and organisational abilities, and the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Strong communication and listening skills are a must in dealing with internal stakeholders, financial advisers and more - and as a member of the sales team you will also have the scope to explore, identify and engage in sales opportunities.
The Team: The Lifetime Mortgage Sales Team is dedicated to the lifetime mortgage market, focusing on delivering Aviva's lifetime mortgage proposition to the adviser marketplace. The team is made up of 8 telephony Business Development Managers, 3 field-based Business Development Managers, and currently 2 Business Support Consultants who are responsible for maintaining and growing Aviva's market share.
Location: Aviva is Covid compliant with employees working remotely, post-Covid the ideal candidate will be expected to work out of our Sheffield office (Pomona Business Centre).
Key aspects of the role: The successful person will be responsible for supporting Business Development Managers to deliver business objectives by owning a range of tasks, including:
- Administrative support to allow the Business Development Managers to focus on sales activity
- Collating & producing MI to track performance and Identify sales opportunities
- Building relationships with accounts within your region by dealing with issues and owning any subsequent escalations arising from these issues in empathetic and commercially focussed way
- Proactively contacting leads generated from the wider business with the aim of qualifying these leads for the Business Development Managers
- Deal with propositional queries from accounts within your region and educate advisers on what areas in the business they need to contact for certain enquires and demands
- Selectively contacting accounts regarding quotes done with a view to securing the business
- Develop valued and lasting relationships with appropriate individuals within our accounts i.e. advisers and paraplanners
- Engaging with and influencing internal stakeholders to ensure that we retain and secure new business
- Utilising trading tools when engaging with accounts to secure business
This is a full-time role Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm, however there is flexibility around the time worked.
Skills & Experience required:
- This role is suitable for someone who enjoys taking responsibility for their own success and development, is confident in communicating and articulate on the telephone with people occupying various positions within a financial adviser business
- They need to have strong IT skills, be numerically agile, and be comfortably dealing with and prioritising competing demands on a daily basis
- The role is ideal for someone who has good planning at the core of their work, and can focus and identify the sales opportunities that exist, whilst also having the ability to find solutions to potential blockages or barriers to influencing sales
- The candidate will be sales focused, however conscious and aware of the risks of dealing with certain advisers and customers to ensure a positive outcome for Aviva, our partners and our customers
- A background in adviser relationship management or sales would be preferred but is not essential
What we offer: A competitive, progressive step pay salary starting at £17,650 with the potential to reach an advanced level after 18 -24 months, with a salary increase to £20,500. Subject to review if you continue to excel in the role and become one of our Lead Business Support Consultants in the department you could earn up to £22,000. Beyond this, there are opportunities within Aviva for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue their progression and fulfil their career aspirations.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions!
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Samuel Whitehouse a call on 07368209245 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.