Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to join the Change and Transformation Team within UK life and S&R.
As Senior Business Analyst you will play a key role in projects ensuring that business outcomes are understood, delivered and meet the strategic aims of Aviva. Responsible for delivering solutions that resolve the business problem and setting out its impacts and risks. You will also be asked to help mentor and coach less experienced team members.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in supporting different business outcomes. You will be happy to be the leader of change and drive the project.
Your assignments will vary in size of project or programme and you should be comfortable both in being the sole BA on a project or potentially task managing a team that includes other BA's.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for shaping and defining the business outcomes
- Accountable for delivering the business analysis activities on projects and programmes
- Responsible for the integrity and alignment of the proposed and chosen solutions with the business needs. Ensure that risks/issues are called out with solutions/options for resolution, including where these compromise benefit delivery
- Identify and run internal, cross project and external dependencies
- Ensure the development and integrity of yourself and the community as appropriate, including active participation in the BA Practice
- Assist in deliver business solutions for programmes and projects balancing time, cost and quality.
Skills & Experience required
- Have experience of working in project groups and have end-to-end product life cycle knowledge in Waterfall/Agile methodologies
- A knowledge of the financial services industry and the legislation frameworks governing it
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Be a self-starter with methodical working practices
- Enjoy an analytical approach
- Be an effective Mentor/Coach to less experienced team members
- Have strong Leadership skills and experience of leading change
What will you get for this role?
- Salary circa £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.firstname.lastname@example.org .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.