Senior Structuring Manager - Equity Release
3 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a Senior Structuring Manager to join the Equity Release Commercial team. The role will focus on structuring and securing external funding for Equity Release assets, a substantial and fast-growing industry where Aviva plans to build on its top three position and lead the market. To achieve this Aviva must seek external funding to complement existing arrangements, and the Transaction Manager role will be a high-profile part of the growth plan to realise this goal.
You will join a newly formed multi-disciplinary team spanning Commercial Actuarial, Business Analytics, a Senior Property Economist and External Funding. The team uses both Aviva's local skill base and external expertise to deliver high value projects to grow and improve the business, and the role will act as a focus for execution of external funding within that, alongside the Commercial Lead.
- Funder Negotiation
- Secure new funding to increase capacity to write ER business and support the long-term funding of the Equity Release Business.
- Lead structuring of external funds and funder relationships.
- Lead on gap resolution with external funders to align funder needs with customer needs.
- Develop content to support the negotiation process with new funders.
- Attend and contribute to major funder engagement sessions.
- Build external /internal relationships to keep up to date with industry trends and identify new funding opportunities
Transaction Pricing and execution
- Develop pricing framework for funding, including aligning risk appetites of different funders.
- Develop the financial business case for new funder relationships.
- Develop funding solution blueprints to meet new propositional requirements.
- Identify areas of the existing portfolio that are sub-optimal and could be sold to increase future internal funding capacity.
- Manage internal approval routes and key functional contacts.
- Undertake risk management and monitoring for transactions, including the engagement process and onboarding of new funders.
Skills & Experience required
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated commercial manager with previous exposure to external negotiations and structuring financial transactions. Individuals with less experience but strong potential in these areas and motivation to learn are encouraged to apply.
- Experience of structuring, pursuing and completing commercial agreements.
- Experience of developing creative solutions to difficult financial problems.
- Demonstrated capability to understand in depth the financial constraints and opportunities required by the needs of different stakeholders (i.e. proposition and funder).
- Experience of building, testing and optimising a financial business case.
- Results driven, demonstrated persistence in face of challenges to delivery and able to work on multiple tasks with challenging deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability in building and maintaining external and internal networks.
- Strong risk awareness and diligence in identifying, measuring and monitoring risk.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Ciaran Markey a call on 07919 988103 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.