Client Relationship Manager
Here at Aviva, we are seeking a dedicated and engaged Client Relationship Manager to join our established team within Workplace Savings & Retirement, responsible for developing our client relationships and executive strategies to protect and grow our profitability.
The Workplace Savings & Retirement (WS&R) channel is aligned to the largest group pension schemes managed by Aviva - we are the largest UK corporate pension provider by assets under administration - totalling £81 billion. Many of our clients are multi-national corporations employing many thousands of employees and the types of pension schemes include Trust, Master Trust and contract-based schemes (such as Group Personal Pensions, Stakeholder and Self-invested Personal Pensions).
The Client Relationship Management team are to protect and grow the client portfolio, whilst helping Aviva to achieve its Cross UK Benefits by promoting business referrals to other parts of the Aviva Group. As Client Relationship Manager (CRM), you will be aligned to a panel of WS&R scheme clients or to an advisor, working in a tripartite relationship to achieve positive outcomes for our clients.
This is primarily a desk and home-based role where the CRM proactively engages with a panel comprising of Aviva's corporate clients, Trustees and their professional advisers. Location is fully flexible however; you will be required to travel to attend internal and external meetings (post-pandemic).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage effective relationships with clients (and their professional advisers) at a senior level
- Retain and grow profitability from Aviva's existing portfolio of corporate pension schemes
- Support the acquisition of new business and strategic deals by providing the necessary Relationship Management expertise
- Act as an advocate for Aviva's initiatives and promote cross-team collaboration
- Supporting new business with acquisition, pitches and site visits
- Lead on retention and growth campaigns, delivering high stake meetings and presentations
- Leverage and capitalise on Aviva's composite capability through new business referrals to Group Protection, Healthcare and GI
Skills & Experience required
- Possess proven consultative sales skills (both direct to consumer and through intermediaries) with a track record of delivering against sales targets
- Deliver successful growth initiatives and campaigns, converting sales referrals into business
- Demonstrate analytical skills to identify business opportunities and maximise cross-sell potential for other areas of the Aviva Group
- Demonstrate strong networking skills and relationship management experience
- Agility to engage with and influence a broad spectrum of people within organisations at different levels
- Possess excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with agility and at pace to respond quickly to emerging opportunities and trends
- A resilient relationship manager with the drive and ability to overcome challenges
- A strong technical knowledge in pensions and tax to help articulate the benefits of growth campaigns and initiatives would be advantageous
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £27,000 - £35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7384 804694 or send an email to email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.