Finance Analyst - Motor Injury Claims
2 days left
- Full Time
Aviva UK's General Insurance (GI) Finance team are now looking for a Finance Analyst, reporting in to our Finance Lead and our Claims Head of Finance.
In joining our Business Partnering Team, this person will have a vital role to play. Here, every one of our people is a great communicator (talker and listener), investigator, pragmatist, influencer, and decision maker. This team provides financial support and robust challenge in equal measures to the UK GI Claims function - providing guidance, insight and challenge on financial performance and regular financial analysis, engaging with people right through the organisation from call centre to board room.
This role can be home-based anywhere in the UK but will require travel to our Norwich or Glasgow offices. We are also open to condensed hours or part-time working.
The role's duties & responsibilities
This role holder will be the go-to Finance person for Motor Bodily Injury Claims (i.e. whiplash), co-piloting the difficult decisions being made, and taking corrective action where necessary and thereby helping the turnaround of our Personal Lines business.
- Providing financial analysis/insight that helps drive claims performance
- Identifying key performance measures and benchmarking them against competitors
- Becoming a subject matter expert on whiplash claims and associated market trends
Skills & Experience required
We're looking for someone with strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll put yourself in our businesses' and customer's shoes driving our results forward.
- Background understanding of insurance accounting/reporting
- Highly numerate ideally with relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
- Track record of influencing senior management/business partners with collaboration and transparency
- Excellent written and oral communication with an ability to simplify complex issues
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £45,000 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.