Lead Qlik Developer
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Qlik Developer to be part of our Personal Lines Performance and Insight Team! The role is a fixed-term contract until December 2021 and it can be homebased.
You will be joining a high performing team at the heart of the Personal Lines (PL) business. The team is responsible for enabling informed decisions through the provision of quality and timely MI using the latest in business intelligence software.
As the Lead Qlik Developer, you will work end to end on a problem/opportunity covering; requirement gathering, solution design, data extraction, transformation, visualisation, and deployment. We require your expert skills to help us push the boundaries of data visualisation and create self-service applications in Qlik Sense. You will need to be an experienced problem solver with a performance MI background (Business Intelligence, Tableau Developer, MI Developer or BI Developer) and thrive off the challenge of taking something from concept all the way through to delivery.
Responsibilities in the role:
- You will regularly engage with both input providers and consumers, managing your time and expectations through forward planning
- Maintaining coding standards and best practice of database structure
- Deliver high-quality solutions using Agile methodology
- Work with business users to define problems and to shape and deploy appropriate solutions
- Work collaboratively, with the capability to lead ad-hoc cross functional teams and securing help from people across the business, not in your direct management lines, to deliver an outcome
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Experience developing BI solutions in Qlik Sense/QlikView
- Experience with database design and data transformation, supported by ETL processes
- Must have script writing experience with SQL or equivalent
- Experienced communicator, verbal and written
- Ability to build relationships and influencing stakeholders
- Good numeracy with the ability to analyse data
- Qualifications are desirable however; relevant experience and attitude are more important than specific qualifications
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £33,000 - 50,000 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.