Head of Finance
This is an opportunity to create a new finance function for a business which has recently moved out of Government Ownership. The Head of Finance will report directly to the CEO, with overall responsibility for leading the finance function. This involves finalising, reviewing and reporting through to the IIP Executive Team and Non-Executive Board on the management accounts of IIP. In doing this, highlighting the risks & opportunities to the senior team and providing challenge where appropriate. The role involves acting as the systems accountant for the business, with a key emphasis on cash flow management, alongside being able to write new SQL reports, providing systems support where appropriate and being the finance lead on any new finance systems projects required.
You will report to the Chief Executive.
You will be responsible for 3 direct reports.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Management & preparation of the IIP management accounts and cash flow forecasts, ensuring they are produced on a timely basis and accurately. All budget holders, budget managers and project managers are provided the appropriate support, challenge to the figures and advice
- Ensure IIP forecasts are robust and detailed and all risks/opportunities are highlighted.
- Manage & maintain the current financial reports used by IIP and write any new system data views required by IIP
- Implementation and Management of Microsoft Dynamics Nav Finance System. Manage the finance systems administration for IIP staff for both Microsoft Dynamics Nav ensuring any changes to the current system are updated efficiently and effectively and any issues are resolved in a timely basis
- Lead on any finance systems related development projects incorporating system specification works, testing, documenting, training and project management ensuring any project is delivered to time and to the required quality
- Manage the credit control of IIP debts effectively ensuring 7 day legal letters are sent out promptly at 60 days, the tracker is updated regularly and debts are chased promptly whilst updating the IIP senior team regularly
- Manage the cash flow of IIP effectively ensuring the division operates a positive cash flow & the IIP senior team receive regular cash flow reports
- Manage the balance sheet reconciliations incorporating bank reconciliations, fixed assets, debtors, creditors including maintaining the fixed asset register, posting appropriate depreciation and managing VAT
- Manage the Payroll function ensuring staff are paid correctly/on time, pension payments & HMRC payments are processed accurately & RTI data is submitted within the required deadlines
- Manage & develop the current Business Intelligence reports available to IIP and provide support in linking data from other data sources other than Microsoft Dynamics Nav Finance System
- Provide due diligence and commercial advice for the IIP senior team in particular around Delivery Partners financial reports & forecasts
- Manage the BACS process ensuring payment runs are made each week and suppliers are paid promptly
- Conduct a full review of current procedures & discuss any improvements with the IIP Operational Director
- Task management of three staff
Some UK-wide travel may be required for attendance at meetings and external events.
Please see https://www.investorsinpeople.com/careers and download the candidate pack for more information and how to apply