Tech Support and Helpdesk Coordinator
Megatron1 is an IT support company specialising in the needs of small businesses and busy individuals. We are based in Central London and have a reputation for prompt, friendly, discreet, and reliable IT support to a range of clients.
Due to increasing demand for our services, we are looking to expand our team by hiring a part-time Tech Support and Helpdesk Co-ordinator. This position would suit someone who is happy to mostly work from home as well occasional days in London or onsite at various client locations.
Training will be provided and the candidate will be working closely with our two other employees as part of a close-knit and collegial team.
- Complete and comfortable fluency in English. We are looking for confidence and coherence on the telephone and in written English.
- Three years experience working in a tech support or helpdesk type role
- Available to work five hours a day, usually between 10am and 3pm or something similar
Candidate profile, we are looking for someone who:
- Has exceptional people skills and would be an asset on the phone when discussing technical issues with clients. We are looking for someone with tact, discretion and patience (and charm is always useful!)
- Has strong technical skills and would be able to handle many of the more routine and straightforward technical support tasks
- Has strong organisational skills. A large part of this job is about keeping our helpdesk running smoothly and prioritising work.
- Is self-motivated and able to organise their time and keep busy during their five hours – working on a variety of mostly self-directed projects when things are quiet
- Would be a good fit with our friendly team and be able to take guidance and feedback from others
- Is at ease in both Mac and Windows environments
Please ensure that you comfortably fit this profile before applying.
Responsibilities may include:
- Answering client calls during the day and assisting with prioritisation and organisation of the support ticket system
- Liaise with other team members to facilitate the most efficient flow of support resources
- Helping to resolve hardware and software issues in a courteous and efficient manner - mostly remotely
- Some marketing and social media work, promoting our brand and helping to increase our client base
- Helping with some of the admin of running the business
- Taking charge of some of the proactive computer maintenance work and assistance with broad support projects across the client base
- Supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining Windows and Mac operating systems as well as MS Office.
- Providing assistance to clients on learning new skills or working with their IT
We are a friendly, collaborative company with lovely clients. If you are good with people and computers, can communicate well, and are genuinely interested in technology, this is a rewarding and unique opportunity with lots of room for growth.