Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000's of retail discounts and fantastic pension scheme options
Tutor - English - Rainsbrook STC - Permanent / Full Time
A forward-looking social business, helping people turn their lives around
- We are laying the foundations for change with new and innovative approaches.
- Leading the way as a not for profit social enterprise.
- In joining our team, you'll become part of the unique LTE group, shaping the development of education delivery.
- We take great pride in raising the aspirations of learners to increase employability and reduce re-offending.
Novus is a not for profit social enterprise and market leader in offender education, training and employability services across the UK. Our mission is to improve lives and economic success through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at Rainsbrook Secure Training Centre, to join the education team as a Tutor in English. The Secure Training Centre in Willoughby, Rugby, supports 60 - 70 children and young people, aged from 12 - 18. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give these children and young people a brighter future.
This is an exceptionally rewarding role, do this successfully you'll need to:
- Be passionate and experienced at delivering high quality teaching in a subject specialism
- Hold a teaching qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to gain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) within a specified time scale.
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the relevant qualification(s) within 1 year.
Please note - interviews for this post will be week commencing 20 th February 2017
*When applying for this role, please reference 'AoC Jobs' as your application source when asked.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes. Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.