Deputy Director, Lead Analyst
The DWP Analytical Community comprises almost 600 analysts working in all of the main professions providing support, challenge and advice to colleagues and Ministers right across the Department and beyond. The Chief Analyst has implemented a comprehensive capability building strategy to improve the quality and consistency of key decisions being taken by Ministers and senior officials in DWP and relevant other Government Departments.
We are looking for exceptional leaders to join the Senior Analyst Leadership Team (SALT), supporting the Chief Analyst in realising our ambition to supply a world class analytical service.
Please note that the Government has 4 analytical professions; Government Economics Service, Government Social Research Service, Government Operational Research Service and Government Statistical Service.
As part of your application we would require you to state which profession you would be joining.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- Inspire, lead and manage their area, acting as a role model for leadership and analytical integrity in the Analytical Community, profession and Department.
- Set the overall direction for analysis and research in their area, ensuring a good fit with the direction of work across the Analytical Community, including responsibility for effective business planning.
- Ensure that staff are deployed effectively, to meet priorities in their area and support cross cutting working.
- Champion the use of analysis within and outside the Department so that it has maximum influence, ensuring it is carried out at the right time and is used and interpreted accurately.
- Work closely with the Chief Analyst, other Lead Analysts and Heads of Profession to govern the Analytical Community and deliver the capability building strategy.
External applicants should expect their salary on appointment to be between £64,000 and £90,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
Application deadline is Noon Monday 27th February 2017