Equipment Scientist, Fixed term contract up to 12 months
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Milton Park team as an Equipment Scientist. This role requires an individual who has strong critical thinking skills as well as high attention to detail and enjoys a fast paced and changing environment.
- Comply with GMP requirements and company rules, policies and procedures.
- Act as focal point for equipment servicing and maintenance contracts liaising between the supplier, Analytical Management and the Facility Manager (if applicable).
- Have an overview of all qualification and calibration schedules and will work with management to ensure that all relevant dates are met. The equipment scientists update/maintain the equipment spreadsheet to ensure that all calibration/qualification data is up to date.
- Troubleshooting equipment issues and working with the external contractors to resolve issues efficiently.
- Working with management for the introduction of new equipment onto the site.
- Own and updates equipment documentation (e.g. validation master plan). To be aware of all equipment related documentation updates and input as appropriate.
- Participate in audits as required and the implementation of audit actions as required.
- Experience in a similar role and qualifications (degree or higher) in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Hands on experience of elements such as HPLC, dissolution baths and stability cabinets.
- A strong knowledge of equipment validation requirements and preferably will have had previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong organisation and planning skills to cope with multiple activities that comprise the role.
- Good written and oral communication skills are important.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Regulatory audit and Solid Dose experience is desirable.
Patheon is offering Competitive Salaries and Benefits, such as a Pension Scheme, private medical cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Bonus scheme, free parking on site.