SALARY: GBP25K - GBP38k, plus pension and performance-related pay
LOCATION: Stevenage and working across Group sites in North Herts
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who is motivated and committed to the success of their students. If you can bring Plumbing to life in a way that engages, inspires and leads to high achievement, then you will be successful here at NHC.
You will develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise a diverse range of teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver plumbing in a group setting to learners of varying abilities.
- Salary GBP25k - GBP38k.
- Teachers' Pension Scheme.
- Participation in the Group's performance related pay scheme.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the promotion of courses and the recruitment and enrolment of students.
- Ensure effective assessment of students to help to ensure that learning meets individual needs.
- Maintain a safe learning environment by supporting students in understanding how to keep themselves, and others, safe and notifying management of any risks.
- Promote the fundamental British values of democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; the mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Utilise a wide range of teaching and learning tools to create interesting and engaging learning opportunities.
- Deliver outstanding learning, using creative learning strategies that will inspire and engage students to reach their full potential.
- Provide students with academic and pastoral support to help them achieve their goals.
- Mark and assess students' work, providing feedback that supports students to improve.
- Take responsibility for the progress and achievement of all students on your course.
- Champion our Maths and English strategy and embed the development of these in your teaching.
- Lead a programme or course, maintaining high standards of behaviour and performance, and providing high quality experiences to raise students' aspirations.
- Liaise with student support functions, external agencies and parents to help ensure that students make good or better progress.
- Use and analyse programme data to support effective course management.
- Deliver IAG to support students' decision making and high rates of progression.
- Teacher or lecturer with demonstrable experience of delivering outstanding teaching and learning or relevant industry experience.
- Ability to inspire and engage students to achieve their full potential and a passion for teaching and learning.
- Organised with an ability to work towards challenging targets and manage time effectively.
- Educated to degree level or hold a relevant occupational qualification in the subject area.
- Relevant teaching qualification or willingness to work towards one.
- A*-C in maths and English.
WHO WE ARE
North Hertfordshire College (NHC) is a further education college with over 8,000 full time students across a wide range of areas of learning.
Everything we do at NHC is about helping students achieve what they want to be in life. That means helping them to develop both the knowledge and skills they need to progress in their chosen occupational area, and the employability skills that we know employers require of young people when they enter the world of work.
NHC is part of the Hart Learning Group which also includes Hart L&D, a progressive learning and development business that helps business clients of all sizes to engage with emerging talent, and the Hart Schools Trust - a burgeoning multi-academy trust which sponsors a small number of schools in our local community.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. We want NHC to be Outstanding by 2018. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We're building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students achieve what they want to be in life.
If you are looking for a position with in an progressive organisation please apply today.