Lecturer in Construction Craft (Carpentry & Joinery)
Job Title: Lecturer in Construction Craft (Carpentry & Joinery)
Hours of work: 37 hours
Salary: GBP24,021- GBP30,411 pro rata per annum
Up to GBP33,222 could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate
and will be discussed and negotiated at interview/offer.
Location: Castleford and Wakefield Campuses
We are looking to recruit a qualified professional to work as a member of the Construction team to teach the theory and practice on courses within the professional and technical area of the department.
To teach and assess both 16-18 and adult learners on Construction Craft - Carpentry & Joinery courses ranging from Level 3 to Level 4.
As a Lecturer in Construction Craft, you should:
- Have a Vocational Qualification / Advanced Craft Certificate NVQ 3 or equivalent
- Hold Assessor Awards "A" units
- Hold a PGCE or recognised full teaching qualification as prescribed within the FE Teachers' regulations (or achievement within 3 years)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching Construction
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Ability to maintain appropriate discipline, including the management of the behaviour of challenging learners and groups of learners
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 28 February 2017
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
Transforming lives through learning ???
??? by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
*When applying for this role, please reference 'AoC Jobs' as your application source when asked.