Financial Services/Investor Relations Sales Associate
A world leading investor relation services Company specialising in share ownership analysis are looking for a talented Sales Associate.The Role
The candidate will join our international sales team based in the City of London and will report to the Head of Sales, EMEA. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Head of Sales EMEA with various duties during the full sales cycle. The successful candidate will be involved in activities including preparing bid submissions, identifying leads and generating business meetings.The main duties are:
- Assist the Head of Sales to:
- Proactively manage, build and sustain a quality pipeline of prospects. The candidate will be required to contact client prospects and channels through such means as, but not limited to, cold calling and sending emails
- Build and maintain a good relationship with new and existing clients. The candidate will need to flag up to the Head of Sales when an upselling opportunity arises
- Write/update business proposals, tenders, presentations, client agreements, forecasting reports etc
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Handle sales enquiries when they arise and action the next steps.
- Liaise with other teams (such as Operations and Client Relations) to successfully coordinate the client projects/work.
- Liaise with the Billing team and complete the necessary documentation to ensure the clients are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review the sales team's proposals and tenders prior to being submitted to the Head of Sales and the CEO for their approvals, ensuring that the wording and formatting are consistent and as per the company guidelines. Ensure that the documentation is methodically and timely stored.
- Maintain the sales database/CRM system, by inputting the data consistently and diligently to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Attend industry and networking events as and when necessary/required. Monitor the press and use intelligence tools to identify leads.
- Assist with ad-hoc sales and admin duties and projects as required by the Head of Sales or the CEO.
- Previous experience as a Sales Assistant to a Sales/BD Director or to a sales team, or as a Sales Executive Previous experience in financial services/investor relations
- Experience in cold calling
- Bachelor's degree (preferably finance related)
- Additional European languages (French and/or German) is desirable but not a requirement Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Ability to multi-task and deliver objectives within tight deadlines Pro-active, self-motivated with a can-do attitude. Strong team spirit Advanced level in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook