Permanent - Based in Solihull
GBP20k - GBP25k + Competitive Benefits + CeMAP Qualification
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with an award winning financial services provider for a Residential Mortgage Underwriter to join them in their Solihull office. The successful candidate can expect excellent training, financial support to obtain the CeMAP qualification and promising future career prospects.
This role would someone who has current or recent experience in a residential mortgage underwriting role and wants to be part of a large company where they can grow and develop. The successful candidate must be committed to completing the CeMAP qualification within the first 12 months, which will be funded by the company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assessment of new mortgage enquiries - verbal and written
- Provide accurate Decision in Principle to Mortgage Intermediaries and/or Regional Managers
- Communicating with customers and financial intermediaries to provide underwriting decisions and case updates
- Conducting telephone validation calls with all applicants
- Analysing and assessing all pre-completion incoming post
- Assessing willingness and ability to pay
- Collating and analysing all documentation and assessing overall risk and decision
- Preparing details summary and recommendation
- Preparing offers
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Current or recent experience in a mortgage underwriting position
- Clear understanding of the mortgage life cycle and customer journey
- Full CeMAP qualification or commitment to completing this within first 12 months
- Proven ability to assess and apply sound risk assessment on individual applications
- Experience of assessing personal and company credit searches and credit scoring
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Applications
- Sociable working hours
- The position will be based in the centre of Solihull, 5 minutes walk from a fully operational Chiltern line station
- Easy access to the office via alternative public transport routes
Benefits and Rewards:
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Employee development - the opportunity to undertake internal and external training courses
- Recognition and reward - opportunity to win prizes throughout the year
- Employee discounts - for use with a range of local and national business
- Flexible holiday package - option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Pension and Sharesave
- Profit Related Pay
Please note - successful candidates will be required to consent to a pre-employment check, including a credit check.
Please apply within or e-mail your CV to and quote KL/Req/034229 on all communication.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.