Installation Technician - DV Cleared
Installation Technician (DV) - Permanent - Gloucestershire - GBP27,000 - GBP30,500 per annum
The Laboratory Technician is a role responsible for providing cabling installation to computer racks and cabinets. My Client is looking for someone with experience with computer racks and cabinets.
All applicants must have experience with Fiber Optic and/or Copper cables.
Desirable Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Must possess an adequate knowledge of and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with their responsibilities.
- Must possess or be willing to gain a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification.
- Must possess (or be willing to gain) an adequate knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) 2015 regulations.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess a full UK Driving Licence.
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or time served indentured mechanical apprenticeship.
- Relevant, practical experience in a related environment.
- Experience of sheet metal fabrication
- Time served electrical apprenticeship.
- City & Guilds parts 1 and 2 in Electrical Installations.
- City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- City & Guilds 2392 level 3 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Working knowledge of electrical installations (Basic record of proven ability in related work).
- City & Guilds 2377-22 Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
- Working knowledge of the Code of Practice for the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4th Edition).
- IET 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations Incorporating Amendment No3 2015
- City and Guilds 3466 (structured cabling installation and testing).
- Fibre optic installation, splicing and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- CAT 5/5e installations, termination and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Cat 6 installations, termination and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Familiar with the build and configuration of communications rack builds.
- City and Guilds 3667-02 (Multimode or Single mode).
- Basic record of proven ability in the termination of all types of data cabling.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.