Employment Relations Manager (Trade Union experience)
Employee Relations Manager
My client a leading Engineering services company based in Plymouth are urgently seeking an experienced Employee Relations Manager to join their team for a minimum of 4 months with potential for extension. This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
This fantastic opportunity will allow the successful applicant to draw on their extensive Employee Relations experience as both the Dockyard, and the wider Group, continue to experience unprecedented levels of growth. With an order book of GBP20billion, and a bid pipeline in excess of GBP10billion, the Group is continuing to forge ambitious plans to exceed the expectations of its primary customers.
Devonport Royal Dockyard acts as a trusted partner to the Royal Navy in executing highly complex refits, upgrades and through-life support of the Nation's Surface Vessel fleet and Submarine Flotilla. The complexity of the operation therefore requires a diverse and skilled workforce.
Although this is a broad and challenging role, there are 4 key aspects to the post, the delivery of which will be the remit of the successful Employee Relations Manager:
* Implementation of the Employee Relations strategy, policy and practice.
* Embed and Drive the Employee Relations strategy, policy and practice across the estate at all levels
* Conflict Management
* Collective Negotiation and Consultation
* You will be an experienced Employee Relations Manager with extensive experience of working in highly complex and unionised environments, preferably from within industrial, manufacturing or engineering sectors.
* Experience of working closely with major Unions, particularly in the realm of collective negotiation and consultation, is essential.
* A strong ability to communicate, influence and build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels is an essential attribute.
* CIPD accredited, you will have comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of Employment Law to enable you to act as a Subject Matter Expert for Employee Relations initiatives and strategy.
This role may become a FTC or permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
Please call Nikita Shellard or apply accordingly for immediate consideration.