ATM/Printer Mechanical Engineer
Currency Media Handling Mechanical Engineer + Senior Engineer positions
We are a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. We operate in more than 100 countries.
We are looking for someone with design and engineering experience with either ATM's or Printers.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
These challenging positions are to work as part of a small team in Dundee and with other facilities and suppliers in the design, evaluation, test and support of devices used in self-service products such as ATMs (Auto-Teller Machines for the Banking Industry). A key requirement is to have several years' mechanical design experience with a keen interest in the design of electro/mechanical systems operating under S/W control.
- Evaluate different technologies and provide recommendations with backup analysis
- Lead mechanical development activities, providing estimates, manufacturing options etc.
- Experience in the Design of Mechanisms, working with tooling suppliers and parts manufacture
- Proven track record delivering cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards
- Supplier engagement and change management
- Lead design validation via design reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, testing and problem correction CLCA
- Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience eg developing banknote handling equipment, paper handling, photo copiers, mail processing systems
- Technology Expertise in the areas of:
- High speed, document feeding, transportation, sorting & stacking mechanisms.
- Autonomous, fault tolerant media handling systems under the impact of climatic variations.
- Design of Experiments
- Clearly understand documentation and the ability to work solely on problems as well as within a team environment
- Must be willing to work to and set high work standards and be a good communicator
- CAD (ProE or Solidworks preferred)
- A good understanding of mechanical drive systems
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Work with Suppliers throughout project life cycle
For more information and the full spec please apply or contact me.