Our Client the Cheque and Credit Clearing Company (C&CCC) is the industry body which manages the cheque clearing system in Great Britain.
Our Clients objectives are to:
- Ensure that cheques and credits remain a viable, secure and efficient choice of payment for all users, so we will:
- Promote innovation and competition in payment choice by driving improvements in processing, service and efficiency
- Provide a trusted centre of excellence for anyone with an interest in cheques or credits
Our Clients role is to:
- Provide consumers, via financial institutions, with the central payment system services for the exchange and settlement of cheques and credits. Manage the operational processes of the central payment system services;
- Determine the rules, standards and procedures required to maintain the integrity of the clearings, including the criteria for joining the clearings, and ensuring compliance with those rules;
- Engage with the full range of our stakeholders, which includes consumers, charities, businesses and public sector bodies that use cheques, financial institutions that offer cheque clearing services, cheque processors, cheque printers and other suppliers, as well as regulators, trade associations and other payment schemes; and
- Manage the Cheque Printer Accreditation Scheme (CPAS).
The team provides a range of professional services to Participants from operational and project management to risk, compliance and communications expertise.
Purpose of Job
To undertake risk and compliance activities on behalf of C&CCC in order to maintain assurance in areas such as integrity, reliability, robustness and resilience of the cheque and credit clearings To provide risk expertise to all stakeholders on behalf of C&CCC.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
1. RISK & COMPLIANCE FUNCTION - Cheque & Credit Clearing Company (C&CCC)
- To provide full support for the on-going risk management process, undertaking all stages of risk assessment and control monitoring.
- To provide full support in the enhancement of the Risk Management Framework including risk appetite and control indicators.
- To monitor emerging risks and maintain the Risk Register documentation.
- Arranging and attending Risk Workshops with the Scheme Participants of all levels through to senior management from operational, technical and audit areas.
- Preparing risk assessment reports, risk dashboards, action tracking spreadsheets and other relevant risk reporting documentation.
- To provide full support for the escalation of matters of concern and where appropriate, recommendations to the Risk Committee.
- To provide full support to the risk assurance process for the ICS central infrastructure supplier(s).
- To provide full support to the ISAE3402 independent control assurance process including liaising with and advising internal colleagues, UK Payments and External Audit.
- To provide support for the on-going compliance assurance process in place particularly in bring a risked based perspective to any non-compliances.
- Delivering the above within pre-agreed timing and budgetary constraints.
2. PROVISION OF RISK EXPERTISE
- To provide input on risk, and any associated compliance assurance issues, including the preparation of papers/presentation to C&CCC Committees as required.
- To provide consultancy services to Participants on a range of clearing risk issues as and when requested.
3. COMMITTEE SUPPORT
- Support and manage the work plan of the Risk Committee.Compile meeting agendas for the relevant committees or groups, to brief the Chairman as appropriate prior to meetings, to draft minutes and obtain Chairman's approval for issue.
- To provide a committee support function to any other relevant C&CCC groups as required.
- Ensure that follow up actions are addressed in the appropriate timescale.
- Ensure documentation and policies owned by the relevant committee remain up to date and accurate.
- Internal Contacts - C&CCC team
- External Contacts - UK Payments employees as required. Other Scheme employees. C&CCC Participants and their processors, auditors, ICS central infrastructure suppliers.
- Primarily London based but required to travel on occasion
Please only apple of you meet all of the following criteria:
1. Experience as a Risk Officer of similar role
2. You have Payment Industry Knowledge and Expertise
3. You are able to work in London