Commercial Claims Handler
Commercial Claims Handler
Location: Bristol (Clifton)
Business area: Insurance
Business division: Jelf Insurance Brokers
Contract type: Full time permanent
Remuneration: Up to circa. GBP25,000 subject to relevant experience + Benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading insurance brokers, employee benefits, healthcare and financial planning consultancies. The Group has 36 offices in 33 locations across England and Wales employing over 1,200 members of staff.
A multi-award winning business, they work hand in hand with local, national and international clients in over 100 countries.
To support our continued success and ambitious plans for further growth they currently have a fantastic permanent opportunity for an experienced Claims Handler to join their rapidly expanding team based in Bristol.
Working within a team of claims professionals the purpose of this role is to provide an expert claims service to clients and scheme members and manage all aspects of a claim to ensure a satisfactory conclusion.
We are looking for candidates with claims experience, ideally gained within the commercial insurance sector, that combine strong communication, telephone and administration skills with a positive approach and a desire to achieve results.
- To act as a primary point of contact for clients and establish effective relationships with both clients and insurers offering client centric claims solutions.
- Advise clients on policy guidelines referring to claims
- Management of client expectations throughout the process
- Liaise with providers regarding individual claims
- Issue claims forms when required to gather the necessary evidence and guidance notes
- Ensure all conversations are recorded, files are maintained effectively and all Insurer correspondence is processed
- Ensure activity meets internal Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Build effective working relationships with clients and Account Managers/Executives to resolve issues and communicate outcomes effectively
Skills and experience:
- Previous Claims experience is essential, ideally gained within a broker environment
- General commercial insurance knowledge
- Customer focused with strong relationship management and account handling skills
- Professional communication and strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of working within SLA's with the ability to meet and exceed KPI's
- Effective team player
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Cert CII qualified or prepared to work towards
- Acturis knowledge is desirable