Looking for an Accounting Manager to join a Global Accountancy firm in Ipswich
A Manager's primary responsibility is to manage the team on a day to day basis and to build and sustain external and internal client relationships. You have responsibility for the management of a portfolio of clients including fee negotiations, control of billings and cash collections within the firm's criteria.
In managing an assignment you will determine resource requirements, monitor team progress against budget and timeframes, review work of more junior members of the team and resolve issues prior to Director or Partner review.
As a manager you will play a key role in developing relationships with existing clients and proactively seeking out new opportunities for BS&A as well as engaging with other departments to ensure a cross stream approach to business development activities.
- Manage client assignments, which includes determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Manage the overall team on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including client take on procedures, agreeing scope, fee negotiations, control of billings and cash collections within the firm's criteria.
- Acts as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Ensure that the firm's risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees).
- Work as part of management team on issues such as resource planning, staff retention, merit rate meetings, improving our tools and processes and efficiency gains
- Keep up to date with all technical developments in order to ensure continued excellent delivery of services to the client.
- May develop a specialism and actively work to identify new business opportunities in that market
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Puts quality first in every client interaction by ensuring accuracy, timeliness and honesty
- Encourages team members to put their ideas forward to improve the companies experience for clients
- Acts within agrees fees, scope, deliverables and timescales and support the team to deliver on promises
- Solicits feedback from clients and acts promptly to amend or improve client service
- Escalates potential overruns and does not put off difficult conversations
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for BS&A, and inform the partner and client as appropriate. Acts as an ambassador of the firm, participates in marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Leads bids and tender pack production
- Builds relationships with existing clients and seeks out new opportunities
- Takes the time to reflect on and learn from experience
- Understands wider company service offering and can spot opportunities outside the stream
- Personally invests the time and energy in building business development and management skills
- Encourages others to build networks and get into the market
- Introduces professional contacts to others as appropriate
- ACCA Qualified or equivalent with similar managerial experience in a professional services environment. At least three years post qualification experience
- Experience of all aspects of statutory and non statutory accounts preparation and review
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS 102 (IFRS also an advantage)
- Experience of group consolidations and cash flow statements
- Experience of managing client assignments
- Experience of identifying and developing new business leads
Your new company
Our client is an award-winning, professional services firm as part of the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Their strength in the market place is mirrored in their achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of their recent accolades.