Category Manager - Utilities
Cambridgeshire. GBP45k + Benefits.
Category Manager required to join a well established asset management team within a Nationwide Utilities company. The successful candidate will be a firm ambassador for the business with regards to category management, as well as promoting sourcing processes and procedures. You will own, implement and ensure effective continuation of cross-functional collaborative category councils and own, create and manage category strategies and implementation, and inform with the Supply Chain Operation Manager develop the appropriate sourcing strategies.
Strategic Category Management
- Create, develop and maintain strategic category plans for designated category group(s).
- Ensure there is a clear understanding of business objectives for designated categories.
- Ensure spend profile is determined and managed for all designated categories.
- Accomplish extensive market knowledge for designated categories including suppliers, products, and technologies, trends, key drivers etc.
- Understand the full life cycle of the processes which use the products and services within designated category(s).
- Ensure integration of the business objectives/needs and market intelligence is used to identify appropriate value levers (the winning hand) and opportunities.
- Understand and prioritise opportunities identified from category plans into the sourcing plan.
- Ensure strategic strategies plans are developed for categories.
Cross-functional Category Councils
- Implement Category Councils with that drive cross-functional collaboration.
- Identify synergies with other Category Managers across categories and delivery routes to achieve effective sourcing opportunities.
- Raise awareness of supply chain risk and its impact on the overall business.
- Achieve collaboration by establishing mutually beneficial relationships (Win-Win) between two or more teams/stakeholders/partners.
- Ensure solutions are achieved that balance the business and category objectives jointly.
- Establish clear accountability and responsibilities within the Councils.
- Create an environment of trust and openness.
- Ensure there is category strategy and management support where appropriate.
Health and Safety
- Ensure Health and Safety is paramount at all times
- Actively promote and achieve Health and Safety objectives
- Discuss and share Health and Safety issues with manager and team.
Skills and experience required
- Educated to degree level in Procurement (Preferred)
- CIPS Professional standard and membership
- Experience in senior procurement/sourcing role.
- Working knowledge of European Procurement & other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of Utility Operations
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Commercial acumen
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience in strategic category management or relevant knowledge within a Product/Portfolio Management role
- Basic level (minimum) knowledge of key Microsoft business packages including excel, word and PowerPoint
For more information please apply now.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.