Principle Data Scientist
Are you a passionate data science professional with an inspiring vision, business focus and execution of complex data science? Interested in leading an innovative data science capability as part of a greenfield data science roll out? If this sounds like you, then a fantastic opportunity has arisen with an American multinational in order to find a high calibre Lead Data Scientist. This is a key hire to the business and will work very closely to the Managing Director.
About the role:
The Principle Data Scientist will be responsible for creating the vision for internal and external stakeholders to how analysing large, complex data sets to reveal underlying patterns, correlations and trends. They will also be able to drive development of machine learning techniques to model product demand based on customer behavioural and preference segments. The behavioural analytics will be delivered to clients in industries such as retail, energy, media and well as financial crime.
Due to the importance of this hire, the client have advise that they are willing to offer a lucrative salary package and are willing to sponsor and relocate you.
The Principle Data Scientist, will be expected to lead and develop a team of 10 as they look to grow their reputation in the market. This opportunity will have give the chance to work with complex data sets with a diverse set of industry models.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide oversight and direction to other Data Scientists and Data Engineers
- Leading innovation ideas from a R&D perspective
- Research and leverage new machine learning methodologies to improve current products and influence the future road map
- Leverage quantitative techniques to answer non-routine business problems
- Act as the lead on cross all retail team projects involving multiple subject matter experts and stakeholders
You will have a solid previous experience in solving large analytical problems using statistical, machine learning or other quantitative methods (eg supervised/unsupervised learning, graphical models, time series analysis, statistical testing).
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar quantitative discipline
- PhD in a STEM Science would be preferable
- Expert in at least one of Scala, Python, R, C/C++, C# or Java.
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems, Shell programming and versioning control systems (preferably Git)
- Excellent team working attitude with the ability to work proactively under own initiative in a fast paced environment
- Experience with identifying data science and data engineering talent, and in building strong technical teams
- Experience leading and growing a high performing team
- Ability to present and visualise data outputs and communicate results to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable manipulating relational data (joins, filtering, selection) and experience with database technologies
- Commercial mindset and keen interest delivering behavioural analytics to the Retail, Energy, Media and Forensic industries
With an ambition to become the world number one in their industry, this client needs no introduction. With offices all over the world and a truly global reputation, the data science departments are key to their long term success.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to find out more.