Senior BI Analyst
Looking for a Senior BI/Business Intelligence Analyst to join a Global Accounting firm in Gatwick
The purpose of this role is to support the BI manager to produce and improve the analysis and reporting requirements for the firm, key involvement in the analysis of financial data and trends that impact the business and contribute to the budget and reforecast processes. This will include development of new reports and advanced maintenance of existing reports. The role also includes providing ad hoc support as required to all areas of the Finance department especially the Management and Commercial Accounts team, as well as assisting with planning and organisation of day to day tasks across the wider team.
Responsibilities and requirements
Intermediate excel knowledge with ability to read and write VBA.
Ability to carry out and understand reconciliations, with exceptional eye for detail.
Strong analytical and numerical ability - able to analyse and interpret data, evaluate data and make recommendations based on data and market trends.
Commitment to delivering exceptional client service to internal stakeholders
Experience of working as a financial analyst in a finance function or professional services organisation will be advantageous.
Experience of using Business Intelligence tools is preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI advantageous.
Knowledge of PeopleSoft advantageous.
Knowledge/experience of SQL advantageous.
Experience of dealing with system changes and/or working with BI tools.
Able to communicate effectively and confidently with high level personnel such as Partners.
Professional accounting qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Utilise expertise in Excel and Visual Basic to build and produce new reports as specified and as required by the business. Also maintain and seek to improve existing reports. These are typically macro-driven reports carrying large volumes of data.
- Current regular reports include:
- P&L reports cut by location or business stream
- Weekly reports for output, bills and cash
- WIP and Debt reports
- Utilisation and Recovery reports
- Build knowledge of the nVision Excel-based reporting system.
- Maintain, update and improve existing nVision reports, including the various reports used by Management and Commercial Accounts.
- Development of new nVision layouts as required.
- Key involvement in the annual budgeting and forecasting processes in particular supporting BI manager in formulating central assumptions, PeopleSoft uploads and budget reporting at a consolidated level for review by senior finance management and the Leadership team.
- Development of new reporting capabilities following the planned upgrade/replacement of the existing ERP system and implementation of a new BI tool.
- Review and support BI Analyst in maintaining documentation of processes and reports.
- Review financial reports for the business relating to KPIs, debt and other financials.
- Provide high quality support to the business and respond to queries in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Identify and drive key improvements to processes and reporting.
- Contribute ideas to the long term planning of reporting across the business.
- Provide cover for BI Manager and other team members as required.
- Build relationships throughout Finance and with key contacts in HR, IT and across the business.
- Ensure that regular reports are delivered to agreed timetables and communicate any delays as appropriate.
- Review key reports/arrange peer reviews as appropriate and provide assistance to other team members or ad hoc training as required.
- Identify and propose ideas to improve overall team efficiency.
- Key stakeholders include:
- Leadership Team
- SBU/Stream Lead Partners
- PMD Directors
- SBU Finance contacts
- Finance partner and Head of Finance
Your new company
Our client is an award-winning, professional services firm as part of the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Their strength in the market place is mirrored in their achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of their recent accolades. Their people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with their clients is at the forefront of their service approach and you'll find that our client is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.