My client is an independent international investment advisory firm and they are seeking a valuations associate to join their valuations team.
The main purpose of the role is to help collate client investment valuations and the to prepare the client performance reports and tax packs. Compile, validate, record and upload date accurately from various sources into their system.
- Review and process emails sent into a centralised email inbox.
- Collate client valuation data and upload into the relevant systems.
- Collate pricing information for securities and funds and upload them into our database.
- Review and validate the integrity of key data.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with custodians and third parties.
- Correspond with external fund managers and/or administrators to collect performance data and account statements.
- Review processes and current systems and help identify areas of improvement.
- Assist with project work
- Meeting workload before deadline.
- Responsible for cash and stock reconciliations.
- Collate cash and securities statements from external providers.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between records and custodian's/fund administrators.
- Produce monthly and quarterly client reports.
- Assist with annual client tax reporting.
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, be detail focused, and have an interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible entrepreneurial approach, an appetite for challenge and a good team player are essential qualities. The candidate will have graduated with at least a 2nd class degree.
- Preference for an articulate self-starter with good analytical and organisation skills.
- An ability to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Experience of investment execution would be an asset but is not essential.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- A strong academic background through to degree level.
- Must be very comfortable working with numbers.
- A collaborative team player who demonstrates ownership for their work and is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business.
- We expect employees to study for a suitable regulatory/financial qualification, for which support is provided.
- Must be comfortable receiving and providing feedback.
Minimum required language knowledge (speaking+writing):