GBP42,000 per year
Our client, are recruiting for a Commercial Manager to support commercial activity and be part of a major submarine programme transitioning between design and build phase. You will be working with advanced technologies and require diverse commercial skills to get such a large scale project on contract. This role will cover both contract negotiation and contract management of all activities undertaken by the commercial team. You will be the direct report to the Head of Commercial Future Submarines, where you will be required to support the development of future Submarines and will be expected to develop the strategy for Submarines build.
Your main responsibilities as a Commercial Manager will involve:
- Supporting the strategy of the Future Submarines programme
- Supporting all contract activity including the drafting and negotiation of complex terms and conditions and associated agreements with customers
- Managing contract activities including negotiation of contract change and management of claims
- Managing of contracts within employing commercial area
- Responsible for all contract aspects of business winning
- Assisting with the for delivery of internal/direct contract budgets and explaining both under-spends and over-spends to Senior Commercial Management
- Responsible for ensuring that contract activity is undertaken in accordance with commercial processes including Request for Bid Approval
- Ensuring that Submarines financial and commercial exposures are addressed through appropriate commercial contract frameworks such as export controls, export finance, product safety (including insurance) and intellectual property rights etc
- Supporting to all Contract and Bid Status Reviews to justify, explain and clear on-going commercial contract activities
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience of commercial contract negotiations and management
- People Management and Stakeholder Management skills
- Experience working on major high value contracts
- You will be a team leader, with a willingness to learn and develop team members.
- Good communication skills are essential, whilst being analytic with your working.
If you have the required skills please apply online today.