Highways Technology Design Engineers
Highways Technology Design Engineers based in the Manchester area - we are recruiting a range of roles depending on skills and experience from GBP25,000 to GBP45,000 plus excellent company benefits
Our client is looking for a number of individuals to join their expanding Highways Technology Design team based in Manchester (the role requires travel to HQ in Birmingham two days per week). There are several roles here ranging from Assistant up to Senior Engineers so we will welcome applicant coming through at any stage of their career.
The purpose of these positions is to provide schemes for the placement of a variety of roadside technologies alongside the nation's main highways and trunk roads. These technologies will include (but are not limited to) Variable message signs, MIDAS loops, ANPR and CCTV cameras.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree in a technology based engineering discipline (electronic/electrical engineering, communications)
- Prior exposure to some form of roadside technology (Intelligent transport systems, MIDAS, CCTV, VMS, NRTS)
- Experience of design calculations and drawings, along with the ability to communicate these in a non-technical way
- Any experience with SMART Motorways would be an advantage
- Full UK Driving Licence
Role and Responsibilities:
- To assist with projects geared towards the planning and design of Highways Technology Schemes
- Prepare technical design packages including CAD drawings and specifications
- Liaising and attending meetings with clients such as the police and local highway authority
- Conduct surveys and studies on potential problems with proposed schemes
- Provide reports and recommend potential solutions for highways technology scheme issues
- Assist with the control and monitoring of the cost of programmes (Senior Engineer)
Salary: GBP25,000 to GBP45,000 per year
Location: Manchester, North West
Applications: To hear more about this opportunity to work as a Highways Technology Design Engineer based in Manchester; please call James Sample here at ISR Recruitment here in our Manchester offices or send me your latest CV or online profile for an immediate call back.