Account Handler - Commercial Insurance
Commercial Account Handler
Business area: Insurance
Contract type: Full time permanent
Remuneration: Subject to relevant experience + Benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading insurance brokers, employee benefits, healthcare and financial planning consultancies. The Group has 36 offices in 33 locations across England and Wales employing over 1,200 members of staff.
A multi-award winning business, with a turnover in excess of GBP80m, they work hand in hand with local, national and international clients in over 100 countries.
They currently have a fantastic permanent full time opportunity for an experienced Account Handler to join the team based in Wolverhampton.
As part of the wider client services team and working closely with field based Account Executives, the purpose of this role is to liaise with commercial insurance customers, acting as the first point of contact for your own client base, dealing with renewals, preparing quotes and answering queries to provide a professional service and support to both clients and colleagues.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills who combine strong customer handling and administration skills with a positive approach and a desire to achieve results. A good level of experience and understanding of general commercial insurance is essential, ideally gained within a Broking environment.
- To act as the first point of contact to provide clients with professional support and accurate information with regards to their product and services.
- To build and maintain an excellent rapport with our clients, providers and colleagues across the Group.
- Respond to clients queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- To provide relevant information to the sales team to ensure sales opportunities/menu sales are realised.
- To produce and maintain accurate and complete documentation/correspondence.
- Produce high quality correspondence and reports, using standard templates, writing clearly, concisely and professionally.
- To prioritise workload and client requests.
- To ensure all business activity is logged to ensure revenue is accurately recorded and documented.
Skills and experience:
- Commercial Insurance experience is essential, ideally from a broker environment
- Experience in handling the main classes of insurance, including Motor Fleet, Property, Liability, Contractors, Hauliers, Engineering, Directors and Officers Liability, Engineering, Professional Indemnity
- Exceptional customer focus with great relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good numeracy skills
- Understanding of working within SLA's
- Target driven with the ability to meet and exceed KPI's
- Strong team player
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Acturis knowledge is a real advantage
- Cert CII qualified or working towards
To be considered for this role please click 'apply'