Larson Group are delighted to be working with this high performing, high growth Financial Services company based in West Yorkshire.
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a qualified tax accountant to be a Tax Manager within our Finance Department. As manager of the Tax Compliance team (with two direct reports) you and the team will be responsible for the production and delivery of accurate, timely tax information for the senior management team and the Group, facilitating tax submission compliance. In doing so you will ensure up to date tax accounting methodology and compliant practice is in place across the business and is adhered to.
- Statutory Tax Reporting
- Responsibility for guiding production, performing initial review, followed by presentation to facilitate senior review and sign-off up to Finance Director level, of the following:
- Annual corporation tax returns,
- Annual PSA return,
- Annual Third Party (s16 UK & Form 46g ROI) returns,
- Annual P11D returns,
- Quarterly (ROI 4 monthly) VAT returns,
- Annual approval of Senior Accounting Officer sign-off.
- Tax accounting planning, methodology, practice & compliance.
- Proactive identification, communication and explanation of tax accounting developments.
- Tax accounting, policy & procedural support to the business.
- Procedures & controls documentation.
- Management of the Tax Compliance team
- Accountability for the tax elements of the following relationships and deliverables:
- Group internal audits,
- Statutory external audits,
- Internal data delivery requirements.
- Provide operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify risks and provide proposals for potential solutions, balancing risk with business needs in line with the Risk Management Framework & reporting tools.
- Ensure our customers are at the heart of everything we do and our actions enhance our customer relationship.
Leading our People:
- Responsible for ensuring colleagues have a clear understanding of the business objectives and how their role contributes to them.
- Lead, engage and motivate the tax compliance team to deliver business objectives.
- Build capability of the team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices.
- Manage day to day activity and delegate workload so that it is distributed appropriately
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a tax (and potentially also financial/management) accountant who has worked within similar environments in industry or practice
- Up to date business tax knowledge
- Detailed experience of business tax computations
- Strong communication skills, to facilitate the clear and effective communication of tax compliance procedures across the business, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at Head of Function and Senior Manager level throughout all business lines, centrally and operations, and through engagement with the Group level tax function
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team
- Able to delegate responsibility
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve and propose practical solutions, obtaining agreement from stakeholders
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Understanding and application of tax and accounting standards and principles under IFRS
- Commercial awareness, including knowledge of financial services sector
- PC Literacy to include middle management level MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Experience of CODA financial accounting system
- CTA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number . Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is . Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business.