Senior PR Consultant
Senior CEO PR Consultant
London, frequent international travel
GBP60k-GBP85k pa neg
Right Angles is a small, tight-knit team of reputation specialists based in Covent Garden, and we're currently expanding into the US and Asia. We offer our global clients an incredibly niche service - and we need an experienced, highly motivated self-starter who can take responsibility, deliver results and work at an intense level with CEOs around the world. We are a team of 10 in the London office and also work with retained consultants globally. As well as a number of fee-earning consultants, we have (in-house and full time) a team of researchers and administrative support, as well as a web designer, videographer and speechwriter.
What we do
We do CEO PR. We don't do 'regular' PR in the sense of corporate or consumer PR. We look after the CEO only, doing their personal PR - positioning them as a thought leader on the global stage, getting them keynote speaking opportunities around the world, making introductions to the most senior journalists/editors, arranging feature interviews, creating and running their social media profile and blog, writing articles, speeches and presentations etc. We also work with Family Offices, managing and controlling the personal and business exposure for individuals.
A significant portion of our activities is not strict PR, and may involve turning our skills to helping secure investment, company acquisitions/disposals, extending a client's professional network, or building strategic sales partnerships for their companies in the UK and internationally. All executed behind the scenes.
We look after them as a 'person' too - coaching, advising, and acting as a 'sounding board' - generally 'being there' for whatever they need. Our services work alongside, and build upon, their existing corporate media team. We are not publicists and we are not their press office.
This service is something really new, very niche, and wholly bespoke. We never get a brief. We tell our clients what they need to do, and then we make it happen. They rely on us 24/7.
We are ambitious and highly motivated individuals. Everybody in our company is a self-starter, flexible and comfortable working with very little guidance. Due to the nature of our work, we operate at an incredibly fast pace and thrive when working to very tight deadlines. We often work unsociable hours including weekends and are happy to share responsibility for all tasks.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can take full responsibility for a number of clients developing their long-term strategy
- Is incredibly hard working - driven, energetic and highly ambitious
- Highly proactive and able to work to exceedingly tight deadlines
- Prepared to work, or be available to respond, at unsociable hours including weekends in order to deliver top-quality media and press results for clients - this is not a 9-5 job
- Can work in a team, knows how to delegate and share responsibility for all tasks - we need a team player
- An independent thinker with fresh ideas and the ability to implement them with little guidance
- Personable, approachable and highly organised - we like a good sense of humour too!
- Preferably has at least five years' experience in business or political PR, or a similar field
Our ideal candidate would preferably have existing networks in high-net-worth circles, including experience engaging with their advisors, such as lawyers and Family Offices. We would also prefer someone with an existing network of media contacts and who has worked directly with their CEO, political/thought leader (or similar) in some capacity. We need someone who is comfortable working with very senior people and high-net-worth individuals
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop timelined strategies to raise an individual's profile using a combination of media tactics. Must approach this task creatively, and feel comfortable experimenting with new approaches and ideas
- Organise high-profile events for clients, which could include securing the venue, setting the agenda and populating the event with guests
- Pitch clients' articles and columns into prominent magazines and newspapers as well as key industry publications
- Undertake research to identify key decision-makers across a range of industries
- Organise private one-to-one meetings with key decision-makers
- Secure client speaking opportunities at national and international conferences
- Develop long-term relationships with senior journalists, politicians and industry decision-makers
- Regularly monitor news for opportunities for clients to comment, and draft approaches where necessary
- Brief our designer on the creation of websites, email newsletters and other graphical content
- Draft articles, scripts, blog posts, press releases, speeches, etc, when necessary
- Regularly update clients' social media accounts, including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Undertake in-depth research, as required
Closing date for applications: 17th March 2017
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.