English and Mixed Curriculum Team Leader
We are growing and as a result we have an exciting opportunity within Novus, for a self-driven and enthusiastic individual to join as an English and Mixed Curriculum Leader within HMP Wealstun. This is a challenging yet rewarding role.
Reporting to the Education Manager the purpose of this role is to teach and provide supervision of a curriculum delivery team, ensuring that all budget, quality and operational targets are achieved, in line with Novus procedures.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Teach designated hours as required, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas as needed.
- Plan, lead and develop the curriculum area within the establishment to ensure compliance with the national curriculum framework, the integration of functional skills, individual learner needs and quality assurance targets
- To be responsible for the self-assessment and quality reports of courses in relevant curriculum area and to ensure timely implementation of action plans arising from these reports
- Ensure that the quality of the learner experience is maintained through effective line management, co-ordination of budgets and adherence to quality standards
- Appraise staff in line with the College calendar. Assist staff in the development of personal objectives by communicating the College`s strategic plans and developmental aims
As a successful candidate you will be required to have:
- Teaching qualification - minimum Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent
- Hold QTS / QTLS
- A degree or equivalent in English
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Knowledge of curriculum development and developments at appropriate levels within national curriculum
- Track record of effective teaching experience achieving good or outstanding LTO standards
- Track record of efficient administration in relation to accreditation and national curriculum requirements
- Track record of effectively leading a team
- Track record of working with learners who present with challenging behaviour and special educational needs
- Gain/hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
To succeed within this role, candidates will need to have a pragmatic and non-judgmental approach to their work and the flexibility to adapt to meet learner requirements when necessary.
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
And many more...
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, apply online.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
*When applying for this role, please reference 'AoC Jobs' as your application source when asked.