Graduate GIS Consultant, Professional Services Academy, Global Leader
My client are a global market leader in the development and delivery of Geospatial solutions and due to continued growth, are looking to find enthusiastic and motivated GIS consultants to join their newly formed Professional Services Academy.
The Academy is part of their Professional Services Group and has the specific aim of identifying and developing the next-generation' of GIS Consultants, Solution Architects, Project Managers and Senior Leaders within our business. As part of our Academy you will operate primarily as a GIS Consultant, using your skills and experience to help customers be successful with the ArcGIS Platform. You will work with the latest GIS technology to help deliver solutions across a range of industries including transportation, public safety, government and utilities.
To give you a rounded understanding of the business and support your career development, you will also have the opportunity to work in other teams across our organisation including Technical Support, Presales and R&D. A strong emphasis on Learning and Development is another key component of this position. As you grow and develop you will continue to be challenged with a range of projects across different technology areas and customer sectors. Throughout this process you will be continuously assessed to see how your skills and approach best fits within the business, ensuring your future GIS career remains on track.
This role will appeal to ambitious individuals who are GIS savvy' and motivated to deliver technical solutions to real-world problems. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 1-2 years' post graduate work experience and be eager to learn, great with customers and enthusiastic about technical problem solving. In return for hard work and a can-do' attitude we will actively invest in your future career and help to you to become one of the GIS leaders of the future.
Given the variety of our projects and customer engagements, the work activities required of a GIS Consultant in our PS Academy will typically be determined by an individual's interests and experience.
The role involves working closely with our customers and partners and will include some of the following activities:
- Providing expertise, guidance and support to customers in the installation, configuration and use of the ArcGIS Platform
- Developing desktop, web and mobile applications which utilise Esri technology
- Consulting with clients (either individually or as part of a team) to understand requirements and then implementing GIS-based solutions to meet those requirements
- Estimating and delivering specified work packages to time and budget
- Acting as a trusted technical advisor, helping to demonstrate best practice with Esri technology and growing a customer's understanding of the ArcGIS Platform
- Providing technical input and guidance for business development and sales opportunities
- Maintaining and developing an excellent understanding of the ArcGIS Platform and how it can be used by our customers to solve real-world problems
Candidates would ideally have a degree in a Geographic Information Systems, or related discipline (1st or 2:1).
We would also anticipate at least 1-2 years' work experience with hands-on experience using the ArcGIS Platform.
Ideally you would also have:
- A passion for GIS
- An awareness of trends in the wider IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to GIS
- Strong organisational skills with drive and motivation to work alone; yet able to report and collaborate as part of a wider team
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- An ability to build strong relationships with customers, partners and other key stakeholders
Roles can be based from either Cambridge, Aylesbury or Edinburgh offices, whilst willingness to travel and work at customer sites is a key requirement of this role.
A fantastic opportunity to shape and promote your GIS career within a global leader.