Senior Linux Systems Administrator - PostgreSQL, Scripting
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator - PostgreSQL to join a leading global technology vendor based at their UK HQ. You will play an important role in ensuring the technology stack is fit for purpose and performing optimally with zero downtime. A salary of up to GBP75k+ pa plus excellent benefits. Based in Central London.
As the Senior Linux Systems Administrator - PostgreSQL you will have experience of undertaking an array of complex software/system issues; monitoring large database environments, Linux platforms and server farms based in multiple locations globally. Responding to and safeguarding the reliability and availability of services within a global high availability, on-line or digital organisation.
The Senior Linux Systems Administrator - PostgreSQL duties includes:
- Running/monitoring large farm of Servers within a global production environment dealing with design issues, troubleshooting, performance analysis, capacity planning, networking and assessing application behaviour.
- Tweaking Router/switch configurations, architecting/writing moderately sized tools, crafting SQL queries.
- Linux engineering and systems administration with the focus on solving challenging problems with scalable, well-designed and sustainable solutions.
The Senior Linux Systems Administrator essential skills & expertise:
- In-depth knowledge in LinuxOps and Systems Administration which will include troubleshooting and configuration; also hands-on performance tuning of LinuxOS (CentOS) to identify bottlenecks such as memory, CPU, disk I/O and network issues.
- Expert in PostgreSQL database administration (troubleshooting, optimisation, performance tuning).
- Solid Scripting in either Ruby, Python, Php or Perl is essential; administering Java based applications would be greatly appreciated.
- Experienced in using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cfengine or Mcollective for configuration management of large server farms along and hands on open source monitoring using Nagios, Zabbix, Zenos and Munin.
- Hands on automated provisioning of server farms using tools such as Cobbler or Kickstart.
- A strong understanding of IP Networking (OSI stack) as well as analysing the performance, behaviour application issues using standard tools.
- Solid knowledge of Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, SSH, SNMP and querying large database environments (typically hundreds of thousands of tables in a single database).
In return, you can expect to receive a competitive salary of up to GBP75,000+ pa plus an excellent benefits scheme, including:
- 25 day's holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Group pension scheme
Are you an experienced Linux Systems Administrator - PostgreSQL who is passionate about learning new technologies? Are you looking for a new challenge as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)? Then apply now in the strictest of confidence or contact Kelly at Inspire People for more information.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services on behalf of candidates and clients.