Applications Engineer, Applications Consultant, Applications Support Analyst, Red Hat, Linux, Microsoft, Apps Support, Apps Engineer
Applications Engineer - End User - Cambridge
Mt Client is happy to speak with candidates who have experience of either Windows or Linux to cross train.
Pegasus has an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious end user client based in Cambridge. My client has one of the largest IT teams in the area and runs multiple applications. This is an opportunity to be involved in FLC projects as well as supporting the apps. There are over 25 project managers within the company each managing 4 plus projects so the pipeline of extensive project work is extensive.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following
- Day to day provision of second/third line support for technologies that the team owns within agreed SLAs. This may be out of hours.
- Manage and prepare for the implementation of projects in the operational/support environments including: evaluation, feasibility, technical investigations, pilots, proof of concepts, training and knowledge transfer to other support teams.
- Provide expert advice to help inform Line Management about the technical capabilities of IT products within the operational support environment. To assess the feasibility of proposed projects to ensure appropriateness of solutions and to maintain alignment with the wider technical framework.
- Participate in out of hours support via the membership of a formal on-call rota
- Ability to produce quality technical documentation and explain technical concepts to customers in plain English. Build and maintain effective relationships and lines of communication with other IT Teams, third party suppliers and the Business Streams to facilitate effective delivery
Knowledge and skills
ITIL v3 Foundation Desirable:
- MCSA - Microsoft Server 2012 R2
- MCSE - Microsoft Server 2012 Server Infrastructure
- MCSA - Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- LPIC - Linux Professional Institute Certification 1 Hills
- RHCSA - Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator
RHCE - Red Hat Certified Engineer Skills Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with good customer focus
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems including 2003, 2008, 2008R2 and 2012.
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of IIS and Apache Tomcat in a web hosting environment. A good working knowledge of Virtualisation using VMware or Hyper-V.
- A strong knowledge Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
- MS SQL and PowerShell Scripting
- Puppet and Automation. Linux administration
- Awareness of basic project management methods and processes Experience
- Detailed understanding of 3 tiered application structure
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure