Senior UX Designer - IoT Devices
Function 22 is working in exclusive partnership with a global open source software organisation who provide technology solutions to over 20 million people worldwide, spanning across hundreds of different countries.
At the heart of the company is a world class design function of currrently 35+ people, which consists of user experience designers, visual designers, user researchers and prototypers. The design team is responsible for engaging people through compelling, evidence-based designs, prototypes and visually articulated ideas, and help the open-source community build world-class designed open-source applications.
We are actively hiring for a Senior UX Designer to take the lead of UX across some new IoT device projects. You will collaborate closely with engineering managers across the world, product management, and key stakeholders across the business to take products from concept to launch.
What you will be doing
- Be an expert in current design thinking and delve deeply into problems to find the best solution for users
- Plan and conduct research with target users and stakeholders from the business to identify and document users' needs and requirements
- Provide sketches on paper, wireframes, information architectures, prototypes and detailed specifications for implementation teams and for testing purposes
- Work with developers to communicate and evaluate designs through to implementation - keeping a constant and open communication channel and ensuring products are delivered to a high standard.
- Moderate design workshops and facilitate discussions with team members and stakeholders.
- Prioritise and work in an agile, iterative way.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience or equivalent working as a UX designer in a commercial environment with demonstrable design success
- Experience of UX Design across complex applications/software interfaces (preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate delivery of products - regardless of platform
- To be active in the user experience community to ensure the latest techniques are understood and implemented into our product development process
- Have a deep understanding of interaction design principles.
Salary GBP60-80k plus package. London. Interested? Get in touch (see below)