Senior Automation Tester
Tester - Automation - Selenium Webdriver - Java
My client based in Central Manchester are looking for a Senior Automation Test Engineer with strong Java and Selenium Webdriver experience. The successful candidate will need to be someone who is fairly technology savvy and can cope with using tools that aren't limited to Selenium Webdriver or QC. Candidates who have been successful in the past are testers who are ex developers and can code using Java, C# etc.
- Build and maintain test scripts using an automation test tool including TDD/BDD techniques
- Create test automation frameworks
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation
- Use risk driven techniques
- Work with the Development team to capture and re use automated unit test cases, stubs, drivers and other development test objects
- Work with the development team to create and maintain an automated nightly test pack
- Ensure proper trace ability, version control and configuration management of all test objects developed
- Report progress and provide any test metrics or reports required to support the Test Manager/Lead Accurately and comprehensively record defects discovered during execution of test cases
- Prepare test data and test estimates
- Report issues and risks to the Test Manager/Lead Provide support and knowledge to other members of the team
The candidate will have working experience in an Automated Testing role, have experience in the System Test and/or System Integration Test area of the SDLC.
Any experience in Gherkin, Jenkins, GitHub, Cucumber is also desirable, you will be working with the latest automation testing technologies in an Agile heavy environment.
This is an urgent requirement so please apply now.