Software Engineers - Ruby, Python
Software Engineers/Developers with Java and/or Ruby and/or Python required to join Agile Software Development team of an exciting High Tech organisation based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
You will have a strength in either Java, Ruby or Python and being the kind of technologist they are interested in, be fine to learn and solve problems with the others.
Working in a team of 20 you will design and development applications as part of a Scrum and engineering team. These are secure, high performing and scalable applications and services that enable them to achieve goals.
Essential skills are:
- Expert in at least one language from Java, Ruby and Python. Multiple language experience advantageous.
- SQL and No SQL databases - able design queries, schemas and basic tuning against MySQL/MariaDB and/or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI/CD), including build scripts and version management tools
- Experience working in agile teams and practices, eg Scrum and eXtreme Programming
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of the principals of virtualisation with VMware or OpenStack, AWS/Azure
- In depth knowledge of security coding practices (OWASP and similar)
- Demonstrable expertise in design and implementation of testing frameworks, for example Unit Testing, BDD/TDD, Performance Testing and Security Testing (Fuzz)
If you want to work in a rapidly expanding company that relies on the technology and solutions provided by its innovative staff then apply now.
Salary GBP45K - GBP60K depending on experience plus 10% bonus and benefits including pension.