Senior Government Communicator
The GCS is made up of a broad range of communication and marketing roles. Your communications career could involve -
• Media and press management – leading on both reactive and proactive integrated media campaigns that build on insight and support public awareness.
• Campaigns and marketing – using public relations, key partnerships and advertising to tackle major social and environment challenges.
• Digital communications – understanding of innovative digital communication strategies, drawing on knowledge of emerging trends in digital services.
• Internal communications – understanding organisational strategy and internal audiences to target communications effectively, improving employee engagement and maximising performance.
With the support of an experienced network of peers and a strong focus on professional development, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career – whether it’s in a particular specialism or more broadly. You will have access to a comprehensive professional training programme, with the opportunity to build your leadership skills and contribute at a corporate level to a network of like-minded colleagues.
Joining us as a Senior Government Communicator, you will have the ability to broaden your existing communications skillset, having developed in-depth expertise in a specialism. You will feel confident leading others, growing capability and prioritising workload. An innovative and effective communicator, you will be well organised, and work well to tight deadlines.
Successful candidates are likely to:
• Have experience in one or more communications specialisms
• Be adaptable across a breadth of communications skills and organisations
• Be able to lead a team or a portfolio of work, using strong judgement and effective prioritisation
• Have a strong understanding of issues impacting the government today
• Have used the latest models of digital communication
• Be committed to personal development, and the development of a team
Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines– with an ability to adapt swiftly to changing circumstances.