Sous Chef Country Pub #Thornby #Northamptonshire Upto 25K Apply Here
SALARY GBP20000 to GBP25000 (depending upon experience)
The Red Lion, Thornby, has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated sous chef or competent chef de partie to join its team. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of preparing and cooking fresh seasonal produce too rosette standards and be competent in all areas of the kitchen.
Our independent Country Pub & Restaurant has a thriving reputation and we work hard to produce consistently good quality fresh food with a high standard of service. Working within a team of 4 chefs serving up to 400 covers per week, producing a fresh menu that changes monthly will allow you to develop your existing skills.
As our Sous Chef we would expect you to:
- Assist in the day to day running of the kitchen which includes preparing and cooking fresh seasonal food, placing orders, stock rotation and maintaining kitchen hygiene
- Have good communication skills and be able to work well in a team
- Display confidence and feel comfortable running service and managing the kitchen in the absence of the head chef
- Have the desire to improve your existing skills and learn from the guidance of our head chef
- Keep a cool head when the kitchen gets busy
- Good attention to detail and work in a clean and organised manner
- Have experience of working in a commercial kitchen cooking to rosette standard and possess a professional qualification.
The position includes:
Salary GBP20000 - GBP25000 (depending upon experience)
Equal Share of Staff Tips
28 Days Holiday
This position has no live in option and would suit anyone living in the Northampton, Market Harborough, Kettering, Wellingborough, coventry, South Leicester, Rugby and Daventry area with their own transport
To discuss the position in more detail please call Simon on
Location: Thornby (NN6)