Application Support Analyst
Unum has an exciting opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join an application support team. The team has recently changed its focus and we need a people that have previously worked in an application support role.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in supporting various business applications and software, often to tight timescales, both individually and as part of a team. The successful applicant will have previous experience in Service Desk, 2nd and 3rd line application support working in line with ITIL best practice.
Application Support Analyst will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the governance of external application management teams in providing support for a number of business applications
- Coordinate the releases with Service Delivery, Test and Development
- Make internal teams aware of the fixes delivered and keep them up dated on their progress through testing, lead configuration meetings, and take ownership of actions to progress changes
- Monitor the service management tool and ensure that tickets have the required level of information and are assigned to the appropriate team (onshore or offshore)
- Working closely with offshore development teams, monitor the incidents and problems assigned to them, ensuring that they are dealt with in the correct priority.
- Maintain the system documentation
Skills you will need:
- an excellent understanding of version control and configuration management
- technical knowledge of SQL, C#. Net, BizTalk
- previous experience in providing application support
- experience of working with off-shore team and external suppliers
- have great customer service skills, ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- have great organisational skills, be able to work well under pressure
What we offer:
36.25 hours a week; permanent role, salary GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 + free parking, excellent pension scheme, 27 days holiday and much more!
If you would like to discuss this role, please call me for a confidential chat on .
We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we're one of the UK's leading financial protection insurers; we are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
Our office is located in beautiful Surrey Hills in Dorking, surrounded by stunning views around the manor with spacious area for various activities, such tennis course, mini golf course, on site gym and plenty of space for jogging! We provide on-site parking but also we provide our staff with shuttle bus, picking them up form Dorking station, taking right to our office.
This is a great opportunity to work for a global organisation that looks after their employees, offering, offers a great work-life balance, generous benefits, career opportunities and friendly, transparent and open culture of integrity.