Part- time Examiner –GCSE and GCE A Level –Chemistry
Examiner –GCSE and GCE A Level –Chemistry
Pearson have exciting opportunities for Qualified Chemistry Teachers to become Examiners for our GCSE and GCE A Level qualifications.
This is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full-time commitments you may have, whilst also developing your career in education.
An Examiner for GCSE or GCE A Level Chemistry will mark candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to Code of Practice and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home.
Experience and Qualifications Required
To be eligible apply you need only to have a degree, teaching qualification and a minimum of one academic year’s full time teaching experience, in the last 8 years. This must be in GCSE or GCE A Level Chemistry.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme.
- The marking period is between May and July. Before you begin any marking however you will receive New Examiner training and then Standardisation to ensure that you are competent and comfortable in marking to the standards we set.
- Although the fees differ across units, based on complexity to mark as well as time and effort required, an average payment to an Assessment Associate will be in the region of £500- £800. We also pay a fee of £150 for attendance at the training/standardisation meeting, be it face to face or online, and a teacher release fee to your centre if appropriate.
Applications will need to be made online, via our website.
To apply please click 'APPLY' link below
If you have any questions regarding the role or application process, please contact the AA Recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.