Service Manager - Stockport
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.'
Strong leadership is key to the success of our services. We have developed an exciting leadership approach at Mencap that we call Our Leadership Way. We want to recruit leaders who can demonstrate they have the potential to excel within this framework. In return we are committed to developing your potential even further. Our Chief Executive, Jan Tregelles, has this to say about Our Leadership Way
"Through your leadership, you have influence over whether someone's day at work is interesting and inspiring or,conversely, boring and indifferent. Your actions (or inaction) can develop someone into an asset for Mencap and the people we support or a liability. Your leadership can challenge the powerful people or systems that get in the way of people having fair chances, or it can shy away from confrontation. Leadership is powerful - for good and worse, and that's why this is so important.
We're all here for the same reason - to change the lives of people with a learning disability.
Our big plan sets out exactly how we are going to do this. But if we're going to succeed, we need strong leaders. For more information please see the attached document which provides an overview of Our Leadership Way."
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager to join our Stockport Services for 37.5 Hours per week. This exciting post is an opportunity for an experienced practitioner and manager.
Mencap delivers high quality personalised support to people with a learning disability and their families. Leading dedicated teams of Support Workers, you will be an energetic and confident Service Manager.
Reporting to the Area Operations Manager, you'll be accountable for the people management and development across the service teams. This is a key role in guaranteeing the quality of our service delivery and ensuring that we are always improving. As part of our well established service managers team you will be self-motivated and determined, you should have a passion for positive change and the confidence to make difficult decisions under pressure.
As a service manager you will preferably have experience in autism and positive behaviour management, and a strong track record in managing teams.
You will managing the support for people living in their own homes across 2 properties. You will have full support to help you settle in your new role from our excellent and strong senior management team.
An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
Job Ref: 7048
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract