Service Manager - Hemel Hempstead
2 days left
- Full Time
An ideal opportunity has arisen for career focused individual to join our team on permanent contract to manage our team of support workers. This is a perfect opportunity if you are looking to enhance your career and experience the role of Service Manager. In this position you will be responsible for managing 575hours of support with a dedicated team of approximately 15 Support Workers across 3 Supported Living Services as well as our Outreach service in Hemel Hempstead.
The suitable candidate will ensure that our services reach the highest possible standards in terms of quality and cost effectiveness - in this way, you will help us to meet needs of the people we support and encourage real involvement and influence in what we do.
Managing services across Hemel Hempstead, it is essential that you have previous experience of registered and/or supported living services. Self-motivation, determination, confidence and a passion for positive change and ability to make difficult decisions under pressure are key to this role.
Reporting to the Area Operations Manager, you will be accountable for the people management and development across the service team. This is a key role in guaranteeing the quality of our service delivery and ensuring that we are always improving.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (paid for by Mencap, T&C's apply)
*It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to your own car.
Job ID: 6963
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract