Robert Half are working in partnership with a growing SME with operations based in Guildford and Haslemere to recruit a Financial Controller.
This business is a varied, fast growing, exciting and forward thinking SME; they are looking for a hands on finance professional who can look after the day to day finance function in order for the Head of Finance to focus on supporting the Owner on strategical and commercial decision making.
The successful Financial Controller will play a key role in the Leadership Team, overseeing the financial performance of the whole business while inputting into broader business strategy.
- Ultimate responsibility for the Groups accounting function and financial systems;
- Lead and develop the finance team and the finance function from a day-to-day perspective; currently made up of two part qualified accountants.
- Work with the Head of Finance to formulate financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the board.
- Co-ordinate the production and review of weekly and monthly financial updates in accordance with Group reporting deadlines.
- Continually review and update business unit KPIs, produce weekly and monthly KPI data, analysing underlying trends and identify variances for follow up.
- Review of management accounts, investigation of variances and preparation and presentation of a monthly financial report.
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
The successful Financial Controller is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and have a strong varied background gained within an SME environment.
This business is a sub GBP20Million turn over group that has ambitious plans to expand over the next five to ten years.
Salary & Benefits
GBP60,000 + Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.