Functional Skills Tutor
Functional Skills Tutor
Salary: GBP23k-GBP28K basic, plus pension and performance-related pay
Location: Hertfordshire and working across Group sites
Hart Learning & Development may have the perfect opportunity for you if:
- You're an amazing tutor who is motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the success of your students.
- You can bring learning to life in a way that engages students.
- You have a passion for your profession and share our determination to be outstanding.
Who are we
Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D) is a progressive, national learning and development business that helps businesses to improve and grow.
At Hart L&D, we encourage businesses of all sizes to think about how they engage with emerging talent across three distinct phases:
- The engaging phase is about businesses building a relationship with their future workforce, working with young people to inform and inspire them about careers in their sector and providing them with invaluable experience.
- The training phase is about how businesses attract and train young people through apprenticeship, graduate trainee and other programmes.
- The progressing phase is about how businesses retain and help their talented employees to progress in their business through e.g. higher level apprenticeships, professional development and future leaders' initiatives.
We deliver apprenticeships, traineeships, professional qualifications and apprenticeship levy advice to businesses of all sizes.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We're building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping businesses improve and grow, and getting young people where they want to be in life.
You will develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise multiple and diverse teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver employability skills as required and deliver in a group setting to learners of varying abilities.
- Basic Salary GBP23k-GBP28K.
- Contributory Pensions Scheme.
- Participations in the Group's performance related pay scheme (PRP).
Roles and Responsibility
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies and technologies that enable outstanding learning outcomes.
- Co-ordinate and lead Functional Skills delivery all for the Apprentices.
- Provide both academic and pastoral support to students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Comply with the college's maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice.
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation & student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
- Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality and Innovation Centre colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards.
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process.
- Support college marketing and recruitment activities to attract potential learners and improve conversion rates.
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
- Experience of curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
- Knowledge of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning.
- Good analytical skills with proven ability to use management information to identify issues and opportunities to drive quality and performance.
- Well-developed organisational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Hold or be willing to work towards, a relevant teaching qualification.
- Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy and experience of using IT applications.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
Please apply today.