Based at Enfield with regular travel to other College Centres
GBP75,000 - GBP85,000 p/a + GBP2,000 travel allowance
Capel Manor College is London's only Specialist College for land-based studies and an internationally renowned learning resource for all those interested in Horticulture, Animal Management, Saddlery, Arboriculture, Floristry, Garden Design, Countryside and the Environment.
Governors seek to appoint an energetic, inspirational and ambitious Vice Principal who will help steer this successful and dynamic College towards an OUTSTANDING OFSTED rating whilst continuing to develop its curriculum, wider activities and community involvement across Greater London.
As a member of the College's Senior Management Team (SMT) and a Senior Post Holder, the Vice Principal (Academic) will lead our professional and vocational education and play a key role in the overall management of the College. The Vice Principal will drive excellence and innovation providing outstanding leadership and management.
This includes focusing on learning and the student experience, developing the curriculum and standards, maintaining and enhancing key partnerships and enterprise opportunities and contributing to the strategic direction of the College.
- Grow our culture of proactive and effective management and individual responsibility by coaching and supporting staff and developing individual and group performance
- Ensure effective and excellent communications with Governors, stakeholders, SMT and at Corporation and internal meetings
- Develop business plans to budget setting and maintain close financial control and oversight of costs and spending
- Take responsibility for the quality assurance and quality improvement ensuring that consistently high standards are maintained across the whole College at all times
- Lead curriculum planning to develop an attractive and balanced curriculum for both work-based, professional short course, further education and higher education
- Develop an active, effective and engaging approach to marketing, outreach and recruitment to ensure accessibility and attainment of goals
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a record of continuous professional development and commitment to self-development
- Experience of working in an ever-changing educational environment or an institution with exposure to senior level leadership and management
- Knowledge of further and higher education within a land-based context ideally with experience of working at national level
- A track record of shaping, motivating, developing and managing an effective, multi-disciplinary management team over time
- Ability in and experience of successfully developing, agreeing, implementing and reviewing strategic and operational plans
- Sound experience of successfully managing a large budget and being financially astute with the ability to use financial information effectively
What's in it for you?
Capel Manor offers a unique working environment with a range of benefits including:
- Access to the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Superb staff development opportunities
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the College being defined as a 'specified place'. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Capel Manor College aims to employ a workforce which reflects the community it serves. Therefore applications from minority groups are welcomed. Where applicants indicate they have a disability and meet the essential criteria in the person specification, they will be short-listed for interview.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and complete the online application form.
Closing date is 27 th March 2017